Root Abyss Update
- 1 New Content
- 2 New Events
- 3 New Items
Everyone knows of the Five Heroes who sealed the Black Mage away long ago, but few have heard the tale of the World Tree, the source of all life in Maple World. In dark times, the Black Mage plotted to seize the World Tree's power, and he almost succeeded. Weakened by the Black Mage's attacks, the tree retreated to the Root Abyss, a sanctuary of life and energy deep beneath the Sleepywood where she could recover and become whole once again. But the Black Mage does not let his prey escape so easily...
Now, rumors of a young girl named Alice trapped in the abyss have caught the attention of the Cygnus Knights. Descend as deep as you dare into this magical realm, and prepare yourself for a battle that will determine the future of life itself. Four masters of darkness await... will you answer their call?
Requirement: level 100+
Located near Sleepywood, there is a region called Lutavia that was untouched for numerous years has been found! You can gain access to this new area by completing a quest called: "An Urgent Summons", which is given to you by Neinheart. Once you have completed the quests that introduce to you the new area, you will be given a new icon under the event notifier on the left hand side of your screen. If you click on this icon, they can get Neinheart to briefly descibr the quest line or warp you directly to Colossal Root. You can also walk to this new area through the Silent Swamp outside Sleepywood once you have completed the prequests.
The central map of Root Abyss is called the Colossal Root. The NPCs in this map are:
Fedric de Blanc - A random merchant that sells powerful items. He appears after you defeat a boss. He sells stuff varying from powerful trait items to rare recipes to rare scrolls.
After you have completed the quest line, you will be able to complete daily quests in the Ltavia region. The quest given by Havis, "Gnarled Wooden Keys", can be completed once per day, which rewards 5 Gnarled Wooden Keys to enter Root Abyss dungeons. You can also complete one Random Daily Quest per day given by Pooki, Tricky, Countess Porkina or Laviola. A Random Daily Quest is given to you each day; there are 8 different random quests total. You should not get the same daily quest you completed the day before. Random Daily Quests award EXP based on level and Gnarled Wooden Keys. They can also be completed on both Normal and Chaos modes.
The Seal Guardians
The player has to be in a party of 2 to 6 players to enter a dungeon.
There's no daily entrance limit, but once the boss has been defeated, you cannot enter again on the same day.
The player needs a Gnarled Wooden Key to open the door into the dungeon, which can be obtained from quests or purchased from Havis for 100,000 mesos. It also has a rare chance to drop from monsters and bosses in the dungeons.
Within the dungeon, you can freely revive after death up to 5 times. This count is not reduced if the character is revived with a Resurrection spell.
Any dead characters are revived when the boss is defeated, enabling them access to the rewards.
Wheel of Destiny does not work in these dungeons.
Each boss has a tougher Chaos version, which requires the player to be lv. 140 to fight.
Chaos bosses drop more potions, mesos and Mastery Books than their normal counterparts.
The player has to defeat the normal boss 10 times to unlock the Chaos version (and there is no time limit to do so).
The bosses have a chance to drop exclusive new chairs: Von Bon's Von Chair, Happy Pierre Chair, Crimson Queen's Throne and Vellum Rock Chair.
The Normal-mode bosses have a chance to drop special hats:
- Pierre Hat – REQ LEV 70, ALL STATS +18, WPN DEF +150 M DEF +150, ACCURACY +100, AVOIDABILITY +100, SPEED +5, 7 UPGRADES AVAILABLE
- Von Bon Helmet – REQ LEV 70, ALL STATS +18, WPN DEF +150 M DEF +150, ACCURACY +100, AVOIDABILITY +100, SPEED +5, 7 UPGRADES AVAILABLE
- Queen's Tiara – REQ LEV 70, ALL STATS +18, WPN DEF +150 M DEF +150, ACCURACY +100, AVOIDABILITY +100, SPEED +5, 7 UPGRADES AVAILABLE
- Vellum's Helm – REQ LEV 100, ALL STATS +20, WPN DEF +150 M DEF +150, ACCURACY +100, AVOIDABILITY +100, SPEED +5, 7 UPGRADES AVAILABLE
- The Chaos bosses have a chance to drop special hats:
- Chaos Pierre Hat – REQ LEV 140, ALL STATS +23, WPN ATTACK +1, MAGIC ATTACK +1 WPN DEF +300 M DEF +300, ACCURACY +200, AVOIDABILITY +200, SPEED +5, 10 UPGRADES AVAILABLE
- Chaos Von Bon Helmet – REQ LEV 140, ALL STATS +23, WPN ATTACK +1, MAGIC ATTACK +1 WPN DEF +300 M DEF +300, ACCURACY +200, AVOIDABILITY +200, SPEED +5, 10 UPGRADES AVAILABLE
- Chaos Queen’s Tiara – REQ LEV 140, ALL STATS +23, WPN ATTACK +1, MAGIC ATTACK +1 WPN DEF +300 M DEF +300, ACCURACY +200, AVOIDABILITY +200, SPEED +5, 10 UPGRADES AVAILABLE
- Chaos Vellum’s Helm – REQ LEV 140, ALL STATS +23, WPN ATTACK +1, MAGIC ATTACK +1 WPN DEF +350 M DEF +350, ACCURACY +200, AVOIDABILITY +200, SPEED +5, 11 UPGRADES AVAILABLE
- The hats available from the Chaos bosses have the [Joker] attribute, which allows them to substitute as a hat piece in another equipment set.
- A new medal can be obtained. World Tree Guardian: Req Lv. 110, All Stats +3, MaxHP/MP +200, ATT/M.ATT +1, Speed/Jump +5.
- Normal-mode and Chaos-mode bosses have a chance to drop Yggdrasil Runes when defeated, which are used to purchase Sealed Boxes.
- Chaos-mode bosses also have a chance to drop Chaos Yggdrasil Runes when defeated, which are used to purchase Chaos Sealed Boxes.
- When a Rune is picked up by one party member, it is automatically added to every party member's inventory.
- There are four kind of Sealed and Chaos Sealed Boxes: Hat, Overall/Top/Bottom, Shoes/Gloves and Weapon.
- Weapon boxes cost 4 Runes, the others all cost 2 Runes.
- Sealed Boxes can contain various Lv. 100+ equipment/weapons, including Timeless, Reverse, Von Leon, Bloody and Empress gear, as well as Occult Cubes and Yggdrasil Scrolls.
- Chaos Sealed Boxes have a higher chance of giving better items, and also exclusively contain Abyss, Fearless and Von Leon equipment recipes.
- Occult Cubes reset the Potentials on equipment (much like Miracle Cubes available from the Cash Shop) of Unique Tier or below. However, unlike normal Miracle Cubes, Occult Cubes carry a risk of lowering the Tier of your item's Potentials.
- Yggdrasil Scrolls have a chance to add a Growth stat on an item. Cannot be used on items already with a Growth stat, like Timeless/Reverse equips.
90% Discount Event - January 16 to January 29
Players that have not purchased an item from the Cash Shop since before Jan 1, 2013 will receive 90% off the first item or package they purchase. This discount only applies to purchases made with NX Prepaid or Credit (Maple Points cannot be used). Certain items are excluded from this deal:
Items with purchase restrictions per account are excluded from this event. Any type of Miracle Cube or Miracle Cube package. Hyper Teleport Rocks
3!6!9! Event - January 16 to February 4 Requirements: Stay logged in for 1+ hours. You will receive bonus EXP for every third monster killed. The bonus EXP increases the longer you stay logged in. Bonus EXP breakdown:
• 1-2 hours -- 30%
• 2-3 hours -- 100%
• 3-4 hours -- 150%
• 4-5 hours -- 180%
• 5+ hours -- 200%
Maple Board Game - January 16 to February 4
Users first accept the event by either clicking the Dice icon on the left side of the screen, or by talking to Maple Administrator.
Players click the 'Dice' icon to bring up the Maple Board Game.
Click 'Get Dice' to get a Dice. You can hold up to 99 in your inventory, and can click 'Get Dice' once every 10 minutes.
Click 'Roll' to roll the dice, and move your character forward.
Users can land on a 'quest' square, and must complete whatever quest they are given before rolling again. Alternatively, users can forfeit 3 dice to roll again without completing the quest.
After completing a quest, users click on the 'Dice' icon again to receive their reward, and then roll again to continue the game.
If users land on a 'bonus' square, they will receive a random bonus (random amount of Tempest Coins and/or various items such as Sunrise Dew, Power Elixirs, etc.)
Users will receive one Chaos Scroll 60% once they complete the board game.
Maple Museum Master - January 16 to February 4
Requirements: Lv. 10 or above.
Accessed by selecting the 'Museum' icon on the left side of the screen, or by speaking to Cassandra.
When started, users are informed that they are to fill up three different museums: Marine, Fruit, and Fossil.
You receive a collectible to put in each museum when destroying Fishbowls, Crystals, and Trees located throughout the game, or by hunting monsters in your level range (11 levels below to 21 levels above).
Museums must be filled in order (Marine first, Fruit second, Fossil third).
Click on the Museum Icon on the left to see what you've collected so far.
Once one Museum has been filled, click the 'Receive Reward' button to receive the 'Museum Master' buff and begin the next museum.
You can participate in the fill-up event for each museum 3 times a day. If you fill-up all Marine, Fruit, and Fossil Museums, you can receive Museum Master special gift box.
All items collected, and rewards that have not been collected, will reset at midnight Pacific.
Fill up 'Marine' museum, receive 'Maple Museum Master' buff (30 minutes of +10 ATT and +10 M.ATT).
Fill up 'Fruit' museum, receive 30 minute 2x EXP buff.
Fill up 'Fossil' museum, receive 'Maple Museum King' buff (30 minutes of +20 ATT and +20 M.ATT). When you've filled up all three museums, you can receive a special gift box through the 'Star' event quest notifier/icon.
• Museum King Bronze for filling all museums once in a day.
• Museum King Silver for filling all museums twice in a day.
• Museum King Gold for filling all museums three times in a day.
If you fill up all three museums every day for 7 days, you can receive the Maple Museum Master medal.
Mystic Fields Event - January 16 to February 4
Doctor Moon of the Scarlet Crusade has tasked you with an important mission! Arkarium is fooling around with the Mystic Gates, trying to gather their energy to distort time. He has created clone versions of Maple World Bosses in an attempt to harness that Mystic Energy. If left unchecked, these bosses could wreak havoc in Maple World's towns. You must venture to the Mystic Field to destroy these clones and foil Arkarium's plans.
Requirements: Lv. 75 or above. Players can reach the Mystic Field through portals found in Henesys, Leafre, and Pantheon.
Players can also use the portable teleport provided by Doctor Moon by selecting the Mystic icon found at the left of the screen. The teleport can be used once every 20 minutes.
The Mystic Bosses will spawn in random channels around every 20 minutes or so, but because they are clones, they can only exist for 15 minutes. Also because they are clones, they will be weakened versions of the real monsters. Bosses you will encounter in the Mystic Field include: Arkarium, Hilla, Von Leon, Zakum, and Horntail.
Bosses drop Crusader Coins, Mastery Books, and various scrolls and equipment.
Players will receive items based on the damage done to the bosses in the fight. The more damage you do, the more rewards you receive. Any players in the
Mystic Field when the boss appears can team up to attack the Mystic Boss.
[Silent Crusade] Mystic Fields Appear
[Silent Crusade] Eliminate Mystic Arkarium - Defeat Mystic Arkarium, earn 5 Crusader Coins (Repeatable 1x/day)
[Silent Crusade] Eliminate Mystic Hilla - Defeat Mystic Hilla, earn 5 Crusader Coins (Repeatable 1x/day)
[Silent Crusade] Eliminate Mystic Von Leon - Defeat Mystic Von Leon, earn 5 Crusader Coins (Repeatable 1x/day)
[Silent Crusade] Eliminate Mystic HorntaIl - Defeat Mystic Horntail, earn 5 Crusader Coins (Repeatable 1x/day)
[Silent Crusade] Eliminate Mystic Zakum - Defeat Mystic Zakum, earn 5 Crusader Coins (Repeatable 1x/day)
[Silent Crusade] Eliminate Mystic Energy Manifestation - Explains to Player how to use the Mystic Items to acquire the reward items.
[Silent Crusade] Stopping the Mystic Expansion - Defeat all of the Mystic Bosses, earn 10 Crusader Coins (Repeatable 1x/day)
[Silent Crusade] Mystic Field Researcher - Use items obtained from Mystic Bosses 100 times to earn Mystic Gate Researcher Medal.
Mystic Gate Researcher Medal: Level 75, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +5, ATK +3, M.ATK +3.
Mystic Zakum's Nightmare: Level 75, LUK +10, ATK +2, M.ATK +2
Mystic Horntail's Nightmare: Level 75, MaxHP +500, MaxMP +500, LUK +10, ATK +2, M.ATK +2
Mystic Von Leon's Nightmare: Level 75, STR +10, ATK +2, M.ATK +2
Mystic Hilla's Nightmare: Level 75, DEX +10, ATK +2, M.ATK +2
Mystic Arkarium's Nightmare: Level 75, INT +10, ATK +2, M.ATK +2
New Mystic items have also been added to the Silent Crusade shop:
Mystic Face Accessory: Level: 115, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +1, ATK +2, M.ATK +2, Weap DEF +20, Magic DEF +20.
Mystic Eye Accessory: Level: 115, ATK +1, M.ATK +1, Weap DEF +120, Magic DEF +120.
Mystic Earrings: Level: 115, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +4, Weap DEF +35, Magic DEF +35.
Mystic Pendant: Level: 115, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +5, ATK +1, M.ATK +1, Weap DEF +50, Magic DEF +50.
Mystic Belt: Level:115, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +7, Weap DEF +86, Magic DEF +86.
Mystic items also have set effects: Mystic 3 Set Effect: All Stats +7, ATK +6, M.ATK +6. Mystic 4 Set Effect: All Stats +7, ATK +6, M.ATK +6. Mystic 5 Set Effect: All Stats +7, ATK +6, M.ATK +6.
Everyday Hot Day - January 21 to January 27
Requirement: Lv. 13 or above.
Receive rewards for signing in between 2 PM and 10 PM Pacific each day.
January 21 - Protection Scroll: Apply to your equipment item to protect it from being destroyed by a failed scroll in the next scrolling attempt.
January 22 - Lucky Day Scroll: Apply to an equipment piece to add 10% success chance to the next scrolling attempt.
January 23 - Incredible Chaos Scroll 60%: Changes your item's stats for better or for worse.
January 24 - 2-Star Enhancement Scroll: Apply to an equipment item to have a chance to put it at 2 Enhancements. Does not work on equipment with 2 or more Enhancements already applied.
January 25 - Gold Awakening Stamp: Has an 80% chance to add 1 line of Potential to an item that already has regular Potential.
January 26 - Clean Slate Scroll 20%: Has a 20% chance to recover an upgrade slot which was used by a previous failed scroll.
January 27 - Pendant of the Spirit: Boosts EXP when equipped. The longer you wear it, the greater the effect.