Dual Blade Guide
NOTE: THIS GUIDE IS OUT OF DATE!== Introduction == Hiya Maplers! As you may know, the Dual Blade job has been released on July 21st, 2010. Since this is a new job and all, I have decided to help Maplers by creating a guide on Dual Blades. Let's first start off with a basic Pros and Cons comparism, shall we?
High Damage at early lvls
few of the skills require skill books to master which need to buy with cash
As you may know, Dual Blades are a Thief sub-class. Since Thieves use DEX and LUK, Dual Blades use DEX and LUK as well. However, being a DEXless Dual Blade is harder than normal Thieves. It would require NX, since there are special weapons sold in the Cash Shop which requires no DEX. Therefore, Normal DEX is the best AP (Ability Point) Build to follow.
Assign your AP so that DEX is two times your level and everything else goes in LUK. For example, a level 21 Blade Recruit should have 42 DEX and everything else in LUK.
Also, at around level 40 or so (I think?), DEX should be 40+ your level and everything else in LUK. For example, a level 47 Blade Acolyte should have 87 DEX and everything else in LUK.
Since your a Dual Blade, most of your skills will be about slashing and stabbing. Dual Blade skills are also very "flashy", which is good for showing off.
Bolded Skill Level is the mastery level.
Bolded Skill in SP build means the skill should now be maxed.
Three Snails: Hurls snail shells to attack monsters from long distance.
- Level 1: MP -3; Damage 10
- Level 2: MP -5; Damage 25
- Level 3: MP -7; Damage 40
Nimble Feet: Enables the character to move around quickly for a very short amount of time.
- Level 1: MP -10; speed +10 for 4 seconds
- Level 2: MP -15; speed +15 for 8 seconds
- Level 3: MP -20; speed +20 for 12 seconds
Recovery: Enables the user to recover HP constantly for 30 sec.
- Level 1: MP -10; Recover 24 HP in 30 sec.
- Level 2: MP -20; Recover 48 HP in 30 sec.
- Level 3: MP -30; Recover 72 HP in 30 sec.
Blessing of the Sprite: Buff up the character using the power of the sprite. Every time your highest character level rises 10, 1 skill point goes up.
- Level 1: Weapon Attack +1, Magic Attack +2, Accuracy +1, Avoid +1
- Level 10: Weapon Attack +10, Magic Attack +20, Accuracy +10, Avoidability +10
- Level 20: Weapon Attack +20, Magic Attack +40, Accuracy +20, Avoidability +20
Beginner SP Build
Level 1 - You do not get a point on this level.
Level 2 - +1 Nimble Feet (1)
Level 3 - +1 Nimble Feet (2)
Level 4 - +1 Nimble Feet (MAXED)
Level 5 - +1 Three Snails (1)
Level 6 - +1 Three Snails (2)
Level 7 - +1 Three Snails (MAXED)
Level 8 - You do not get a point on this level.
Level 9 - You do not get a point on this level.
Level 10 - You do not get a point on this level.
Three Snails - MAXED
Recovery - 0/3
Nimble Feet - MAXED
Blessing of the Sprite - Depends on the level of the strongest character in the world the Dual Blade was created in
So why no Recovery? Simple, Recovery only recovers 72 HP in 30 seconds. During the Maple Island tutorial, you will receive a chair called The Relaxer. It recovers 50 HP every 10 seconds. In 30 seconds, you would recover 150 HP, while Recovery only recovers 72 HP.
Nimble Body: Increases accuracy and avoidability.
- Level 1: Accuracy +1, avoidability +1
- Level 10: Accuracy +10, avoidability +10
- Level 20: Accuracy +20, avoidability +20
Disorder: Temporarily decreases the weapon def. and attacking abilities of the affected, even stunting the ongoing attacks. Can't use this skill on a monster that's already in "disorder."
- Level 1: MP -5; Enemy's weapon attack -1, weapon defense -1 for 7 seconds
- Level 10: MP -7; Enemy's weapon attack -10, weapon def. -10 for 31 seconds
- Level 20: MP -10; Enemy's weapon attack -20, weapon def. -20 for 60 seconds
Dark Sight: Use MP to hide behind the shadows. Can't be attacked, and can't attack either.
- Level 1: MP -24, Disappear for 10 seconds, speed -30
- Level 10: MP -15, Disappear for 100 seconds, speed -10
- Level 20: MP -5, Disappear for 200 seconds, speed -0
Double Stab: Use MP to quickly stab a monster twice in one turn using a dagger.
- Level 1: MP -6; Attack twice, dealing 65% damage with each stab
- Level 10: MP -9; Attack twice, dealing 95% damage with each stab
- Level 20: MP -14; Attack twice, dealing 130% damage with each stab
Puppyswan's Recommended Rogue Skill Point Build
Level 1-20: No Skill points at all
Rogue SP Build
Level 10 - +1 Double Stab (1)
Level 11 - +3 Double Stab (4)
Level 12 - +3 Double Stab (7)
Level 13 - +3 Double Stab (10)
Level 14 - Save SP (3)
Level 15 - Save SP (6)
Level 16 - Save SP (9)
Level 17 - Save SP (12)
Level 18 - Save SP (15)
Level 19 - Save SP (18)
Level 20 - Save SP (21)
Nimble Body - 0/20
Disorder - 0/20
Dark Sight - 0/20
Double Stab - 10/20
Saved SP - 21
So why no points in Nimble Body, Disorder, and Dark Sight? These skills are not needed yet, so we'll skip these for now. We will increase their skill level in the future though.
Why only 10 on Double Stab? Triple Stab (a skill you get at level 20) replaces Double Stab the moment you put 1 SP into it. We only put 10 SP in Double Stab because Triple Stab requires 10 SP in Double Stab for you to assign SP into it.
And why save SP? To assign those saved SP in your next job advancement, of course.
but why no sp points in dark sight?? is it to wait for advanced dark sight or wad?? because many skills in future requires dark sight.
Katara Mastery: Increases your Katara mastery and accuracy. This skill only applies when your character is equipped with a Katara.
- Level 1: Katara Mastery: 15%, Accuracy +1
- Level 10: Katara Mastery: 35%, Accuracy +10
- Level 20: Katara Mastery: 60%, Accuracy +20
Triple Stab: Uses a Katara to attack multiple enemies three times.
- Level 1: MP -16, Damage: 155%, hits 2 enemies max
- Level 5: MP -16, Damage: 175%, hits 2 enemies max
- Level 10: MP -18, Damage: 200%, hits 3 enemies max
Katara Booster: Uses HP and MP to enhance the attack speed of Daggers and Kataras. Can only be used when your character is equipped with both a Dagger and Katara.
- Level 1: HP -29, MP -29, Duration: 10 sec.
- Level 10: HP -20, MP -20, Duration: 100 sec.
- Level 20: HP -10, MP -10, Duration: 200 sec.
Blade Recruit SP Build
Level 20 - +10 Triple Stab (MAXED), +5 Katara Mastery (5), +6 Katara Booster (6)
Level 21 - +3 Katara Mastery (8)
Level 22 - +3 Katara Mastery (11)
Level 23 - +3 Katara Mastery (14)
Level 24 - +3 Katara Mastery (17)
Level 25 - +2 Katara Mastery (19), +1 Katara Booster (7)
Level 26 - +3 Katara Booster (10)
Level 27 - +3 Katara Booster (13)
Level 28 - +3 Katara Booster (16)
Level 29 - +3 Katara Booster (19)
Level 30 - Save SP (3)
Triple Stab - MAXED
Katara Mastery - 19/20
Katara Booster - 19/20
Saved SP - 3
So why only 19 in Katara Mastery and Booster? A level 19 Katara Mastery gives the same amount of mastery when it's level 20. If you add 1 more point into Katara Mastery, it only gives you +1 accuracy, which is not worth 1 SP. Katara Booster will be maxed later on in the future though.
I thought we couldn't save SP? p0lkxlouis's video showed that you could not. I'm pretty sure you CAN save SP, since I did it myself. If you cannot, please say so in the discussion page for this guide.
suggestions(LordLameness): i personally would advise not to add points in katara booster as it's practically useless before lvl30. save sp instead for the skills u can get after lvl30. u can max self haste or fatal blow almost instantly after getting your new skill book. self haste is good for terrain training. fatal blow is good for mcpq. however do add sp into your booster once u have maxed out all essential skills from skill book 2+. this is important for mcpq once u get over lvl35. a lvl38 db can solo room3&4mcpq for 800++ cp and lvl46 can solo 1200++ cp. (based on experience)
Endure: Allows you to recover extra HP and MP.
- Level 1: Additional recovery of HP +24, MP +3 every 29 seconds
- Level 10: Additional recovery of HP +60, MP +30 every 20 seconds
- Level 20: Additional recovery of HP +100, MP +60 every 10 seconds
Self Haste: Increases your Speed and Jump for a set amount of time.
- Level 1: MP -15; Speed +2, Jump +4, Duration: 10 sec.
- Level 10: MP -15; Speed +20, Jump +13, Duration: 100 sec.
- Level 20: MP - 30; Speed +40, Jump +23, Duration: 200 sec.
Fatal Blow: Allows you to perform 8 consecutive attacks on an enemy.
- Level 1: MP -18; attacks an enemy 5 times at 100% damage
- Level 10: MP -22; attacks an enemy 6 times at 145% damage
- Level 20: MP -30; attacks an enemy 8 times at 180% damage
Slash Storm: Attacks multiple nearby enemies. The attacks become more elaborate as the skill level increases.
- Level 1: MP -12; attacks up to 3 enemies at 98% damage
- Level 10: MP -18; attacks up to 4 enemies at 135% damage
- Level 20: MP -24; attacks up to 6 enemies at 160% damage
Blade Acolyte SP Build
Level 30 -
Level 31 -
Level 32 -
Level 33 -
Level 34 -
Level 35 -
Level 36 -
Level 37 -
Level 38 -
Level 39 -
Level 40 -
Level 41 -
Level 42 -
Level 43 -
Level 44 -
Level 45 -
Level 46 -
Level 47 -
Level 48 -
Level 49 -
Level 50 -
Level 51 -
Level 52 -
Level 53 -
Level 54 -
Level 55 -
Endure - 0/20
Self Haste - MAXED
Fatal Blow - MAXED
Slash Storm - MAXED
Disorder - 3/20
Dark Sight - 16/20
So why 0 in Endure? Endure increases the amount of HP and MP recovered every couple of seconds. Since Dual Blades have a lot of avoidability and their equips give a whole lot of HP, Endure is next to useless.
suggestions(LordLameness): max self haste first as u will find in quite a pain in the ass walking around slowly. fatal blow should be maxed next then slash storm. why? slash storm is weaker compared to triple stab and fatal blow enables u to kill off an irritating monster (example: jr boogies in land of wild boar) be4 they start casting weakness or skill lock on u. some people uses slash storm as a travel skill as u rushes forward when u att. NOTE for those poor guys like me who wouldnt wan to spend cash on buying mastery book for slash storm, max dark sight and leave the rest sp on either nimble body or endure.
Tornado Spin: Dashes forward to inflict a powerful spin attack on multiple nearby enemies.
Activate Dash: Arrow key ->-> or <-<-
Spin Attack: Press the Attack key while Dashing
- Level 1: N/A
- Level 10: N/A
- Level 20: N/A
Flashbang: Throws a flasbang to blind multiple enemies nearby and decrease their Accuracy for a set amount of time.
- Level 1: N/A
- Level 10: N/A
- Level 20: N/A
Flash Jump: While in the air, use this skill to perform a "double jump."
- Level 1: MP -60
- Level 10: MP -33
- Level 20: MP -13
Blade Specialist SP Build
Level 55 - You do not get a point on this level.
Level 56 - +2 Flash Jump (2), +1 Tornado Spin (1)
Level 57 - +2 Tornado Spin (3), +1 Flash Jump (3)
Level 58 - +3 Tornado Spin (6), +1 Flash Jump (4)
Level 59 - +2 Flash Jump (6), +1 Tornado Spin (7)
Level 60 - +2 Tornado Spin (9), +1 Flash Jump (7)
Level 61 - +2 Flash Jump (9), +1 Tornado Spin (10)
Level 62 - +2 Tornado Spin (12), +1 Flash Jump (10)
Level 63 - +2 Flash Jump (12), +1 Tornado Spin (13)
Level 64 - +2 Tornado Spin (15), +1 Flash Jump (13)
Level 65 - +2 Tornado Spin (17), +1 Flash Jump (14)
Level 66 - +2 Flash Jump (16), +1 Tornado Spin (18)
Level 67 - +2 Tornado Spin (MAXED), +1 Flash Jump (17)
Level 68 - +3 Flash Jump (MAXED)
Level 69 - Save SP (3)
Level 70 - Save SP (6)
Tornado Spin - MAXED
Flash Jump - MAXED
Flash Bang - 0/20
Saved SP - 6
So why no points in Flash Bang? Dual Blades have a TON of avoidability, so this skill isn't that useful. However, we WILL increase the skill level of Flash Bang in the future.
But Tornado Spin is USELESS! No it isn't. Tornado Spin is one of the MOST important skills you will get. FATSUS (Flying Assaulter -> Tornado Spin -> Upper Stab), a Dual Blade combo, is one of the BEST training methods ever created. So in short, Tornado Spin is nowhere close to useless.
Note: FATSUS sucks, FABSUS ALL THE WAY!
Reply to Note: *facepalm*
Why max Flash Jump? If you don't max Flash Jump, your gonna see those MP potions going bye-bye.
suggestions(LordLameness): FATSUS aint suck, its just that its for poor ppl like me. i believe there are a lot of ppl out there unwilling to spend cash on mastery books. NOTEFATSUS and FABSUS have their own advantages. FATSUS is better when u are training at spots where there are less or no terrain(one plain flat surface).(example: bottom land of skeles) FATS then US a few times to kill off the monsters. FABSUS is better when u are jumping around lands and surfaces that aint even. BS gives u invulnerability and thus u can save hp pots. so for those like me who wouldnt wan to spend cash on mastery books, rest assure. continue training your db and prove to WIZET that they cant let their money-sucking-schemes to make us give up on one of the strongest class in the game.
Bloody Storm: An advanced version of Slash Storm. Attack multiple enemies at a very high speed with elaborate movements.
- Level 1: MP -30, Damage: 190%, hits 6 enemies max
- Level 5: MP -35, Damage: 230%, hits 6 enemies max
- Level 10: MP -40, Damage: 280%, hits 8 enemies max
Advanced Dark Sight: N/A
Owl Spirit: Summons an owl spirit that attempts to instantly kill 1 enemy. If successful, your attack rate for a set number of attacks will increase.
- Level 1: MP Cost: 22, Instant Kill Chance: 30%, Damage Bonus: 110% for next 7 attacks when Instant Kill is successful, Cooldown: 98 sec
- Level 10: MP Cost: 28, Instant Kill Chance: 39%, Damage Bonus: 120% for next 11 attacks when Instant Kill is successful, Cooldown: 80 sec
- Level 20: MP Cost: 37, Instant Kill Chance: 49%, Damage Bonus: 130% for next 15 attacks when Instant Kill is successful, Cooldown: 60 sec
Upper Stab: Launches multiple enemies into the air. You can deal additional damage by attacking the enemies in the air.
- Level 1: MP Cost: 30, Damage: 202%, Max Enemies Hit: 4, Bonus Damage (to airborne enemies): 32%
- Level 10: MP Cost: 35, Damage: 220%, Max Enemies Hit: 5, Bonus Damage (to airborne enemies): 50%
- Level 20: MP Cost: 45, Damage: 240%, Max Enemies Hit: 6, Bonus Damage (to airborne enemies): 70%
Mirror Image: Summons a doppelganger that looks just like you to assist in attacks for a certain amount of time. Your doppelganger cannot use certain skills.
- Level 1: MP Cost: -40, Damage: 12%, Duration: 60 sec
- Level 15: MP Cost: -52, Damage: 40%, Duration: 100 sec
- Level 30: MP Cost: -68, Damage:70%, Duration: 180 sec
Note: This skill is similar to Shadow Partner.
Flying Assaulter: You descend diagonally from the air, slashing enemies within a certain range, with a chance to stun them. To use the skill, you must have at least 120% Jump
- Level 1: MP Cost: 24, Damage: 306% x2, Max Monsters Hit: 4, Stun Chance: 3%, Stun Duration: 4 sec
- Level 10: MP Cost: 32, Damage: 360% x2, Max Monsters Hit: 6, Stun Chance: 5%, Stun Duration: 5 sec
- Level 20: MP Cost: 44, Damage: 420% x2, Max Monsters Hit: 8, Stun Chance: 7%, Stun Duration: 6 sec
Blade Lord SP Build
70: +10 Bloody Storm (10), +11 Flying Assaulter (11 - 1 SP from FA mastery book), +5 Mirror Image
71: +3 Mirror Image (8)
72: +4 Mirror Image (12 - 1 SP from MI mastery book)
73: +3 Tornado Spin (3)
74: +4 Tornado Spin (7 - 1 SP from TS mastery book)
75: +3 Tornado Spin (10)
76: +3 Tornado Spin (13)
77: +3 Tornado Spin (16)
78: +3 Tornado Spin (19)
79: +1 Tornado Spin (20), +2 Flying Assaulter (13)
80: +3 Flying Assaulter (16)
81: +3 Flying Assaulter (19)
82: +1 Flying Assaulter (20), +2 Mirror Image (14)
83: +3 Mirror Image (17)
84: +3 Mirror Image (20)
85: +3 Mirror Image (23)
86: +3 Mirror Image (26)
87: +3 Mirror Image (29)
88: +1 Mirror Image (30), +2 Flash Jump (3)
89: +3 Flash Jump (6)
90: +3 Flash Jump (9)
91: +3 Flash Jump (12)
92: +3 Flash Jump (15)
93: +3 Vital Steal (3)
94: +3 Vital Steal (6)
95: +3 Vital Steal (9)
96: +1 Vital Steal (10), +2 Shadow Resistance (15)
97: +3 Shadow Resistance (18)
98: +2 Shadow Resistance (20), +1 Advanced Dark Sight (1)
99: +3 Chains of Hell (3)
100: +3 Chains of Hell (6)
101: +3 Chains of Hell (9)
102: +4 Chains of Hell (13 - 1 SP from CoH mastery book)
103: +3 Chains of Hell (16)
104: +3 Chains of Hell (19)
105: +1 Chains of Hell (20), +2 Advanced Dark Sight (3)
106: +3 Advanced Dark Sight (6)
107: +3 Advanced Dark Sight (9)
108: +1 Advanced Dark Sight (10), +2 Flash Bang (2)
109: +3 Flash Bang (5)
110: +3 Nimble Body (11)
111: +3 Nimble Body (14)
112: +3 Nimble Body (17)
113: +3 Nimble Body (20)
114: +3 Owl Spirit (3)
115: +3 Owl Spirit (6)
116: +3 Owl Spirit (9)
117: +3 Owl Spirit (12)
118: +3 Owl Spirit (15)
119: +3 Owl Spirit (18)
120: +2 Owl Spirit (20), 1 Spar
+3 Disorder (3)
+10 Dark Sight (10-max)
+8 Nimble Body (8)
+20 Mastery (20-max)
+20 Booster (20-max) - 3nd job tier (77 SP must be used)
+20 Self-Haste (20-max)
+20 Slash Storm (20-max)
+20 Shadow Resistance (20-max)
+17 Fatal Blow (17)
Blade Master SP Build
Q: Can we save SP?
A: For certain job advancements, yes.
Q: Do you play KMS (Korean MapleStory)?
A: No, but I have friends who play it, and they keep me updated with new content.
Q: What is FABSUS?
A: Flying Assaulter -> Bloody Storm -> Upper Stab
Note: To actually perform this, you need to use Flying Assaulter, then Bloody Storm, turn around, then Upper Stab to death (or you can just Upper Stab 1 or 2 times then redo the combo)
Q: Why max Flash Jump if most of us are funded and can spare mesos on MP potions?
A: 1) Not ALL of us are funded.
2) The distance you jump increases as you add more SP into Flash Jump.
Q: Can you upload videos on YouTube about Dual Blades for us?
A: Mhmm, sure! I just need to get Windows Movie Maker working (my Fraps only lasts 30 sec, so I need to string the videos together with WMV). The videos will be here.
More coming soon...
50-60 Selkie Jr and slimy (best at "Mysterious Path 3")
60-70 wind raiders
Q:Why we wan to save sp and save for what?
A:so that you can upgrade better skills
Copyright © 2010 Jay7270 and MapleWiki.net
All names are licensed or trademark of Wizet.
You may not use this guide without my permission (part or whole). Edit my user page and ask me for permission and I'll get back to you as fast as possible.
- creation of guide
- completed the Beginner, Beginner SP Build, and End Result for Beginner SP Build sections
- added the Training Spots section, and also the Quest Guide section
- completed the Rogue, Rogue SP Build, End Result for Rogue SP Build, Blade Recruit, Blade Recruit SP Build, End Result for Blade Recruit SP Build, Blade Acolyte, and End Result for Blade Acolyte SP Build sections
- added the Dual Blade FAQ section
- changed Dual Blade FAQ's name to FAQ
- fixed a couple of typos
- completed the Blade Specialist SP Build and End Result for Blade Specialist SP Build sections
- changed Blade Specialist SP Build
- fixed a couple of typos
Note: Haha, lol. xD I forgot what I did, but it was a major update on the guide. Sorry. :(
- fixed a couple of typos
- added some more Qs and As for the FAQ section
- added the Videos section